- Airport Limousine Bus transfer coupon (one-way)
- Domestic flight between Tokyo and Sapporo (one-way)
- 7 Day Japan Rail Pass
- JPY1,500 Pasmo Card
- 3 Day Car Rental
- Nikko World Heritage Tour
- 3 nights of accommodation at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel in Tokyo
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Hotel Sonia in Otaru inc. breakfast
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Keio Plaza Hotel Sapporo
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Hotel Resol Hakodate
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Art Hotel Hirosaki City inc. breakfast daily
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Hotel Metropolitan Sendai East
Start today by boarding a Konan Railway Konan Line train from Hirosaki Station to Tambo Art Station. (23 mins/JPY430)
From here it is a short walk to one of the two famous Rice Paddy Art sites, for which the prefecture of Aomori is famous for. Since 1993, the small town of Inakadate has been creating images in their rice paddy fields by carefully planting rice of varying colour. In their first year, they used two colours, yellow and purple, to create a simple image of Mt. Iwaki. Each following year, the designs become more elaborate and now consist of 7 colours and 11 variety of rice. Entry to the viewing platform is JPY300.
A courtesy shuttle bus departs every 30 mins from this art site and will take you to the second site. (10 mins)
Return to Hirosaki Station and board a Limited Express Tsugaru train to Aomori Station. (33 mins)
Visit Nebuta Warasse (09:00 – 19:00/JPY600) which is a one minute walk from the station, to view the large, glowing floats used in Aomori’s Nebuta Festival. Get a taste of the lively festival atmosphere and learn about the history and traditions of one of Tohoku’s ‘Big Three Summer Festivals’.
For lunch, visit the Furukawa Fish Market (07:00 – 16:00) where you can create your own nokkedon, or bowl of rice topped with fresh seafood. Purchase tickets in sets of five (JPY540) or ten (JPY1,080) which are exchanged for rice and various seafood toppings sold in the market.
Return to Hirosaki in the afternoon. For dinner tonight you may like to visit one of the izakaya where local specialties are served and Tsugaru folksongs are performed.
Stay: Art Hotel Hirosaki City - 2/2
Japan Package Tours will be happy to prepare you a personalised itinerary to suit your budget and preferences.
Contact us now for a no-obligation quotation.