See the best that Kyoto has to offer its visitors on an English language guided tour with a local tour guide.
Visit three of Kyoto's world famous landmarks in one afternoon.
- Heian Shrine - constructed in 1895 to commemorate the 1,100th anniversary of the founding of Kyoto, this is a scaled-down replica of the first Imperial Palace in Kyoto (794AD). The rear garden is outstanding.
- Sanjusangendo - is a national treasure with 1,030 standing Buddhist statues in its main hall. The temple takes its names from the 33 spaces between pillars in front of the main altar.
- Kiyomizu Temple - 15 stories high and built without the use of any nails, a superb view of the City is possible in the many halls a the temples top level.
Departure: 1:10pm-1:40pm approximate hotel collection time. Daily (Jan.5-Dec.29)
Return: 5:20pm-6:30pm Drop-off service to major hotels in Kyoto.
Cost: AUD$110.00 Adult
Cost: AUD$95.00 (Child: 6 -11 years)
Notes: English-speaking guide service is included. Tour operated for minimum of one person. Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
See three of Kyoto's most famous attractions on this great value morning tour.
- Nijo Castle - was built by the Tokugawa shogun in 1603 and features the specially constructed nightingale floor to warn of approaching visitors
- Golden Pavillion (Kinkakuji) - an exact replica of the 15 century villa of a court noble. Kinkakuji was built and garden laid out in 1394.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace - is famous for its elegant simplicity and served as the Emperors palace until the capital was moved to Tokyo (1867)
Departure: 08:00a.m.-08:45a.m. approximate hotel collection time.
Return: Tour disbands at Kyoto Station at approx. 12:30 p.m.
Cost: $110.00 Adult
Cost: $95.00 (Child: 6-11 years)
Notes: English-speaking guide service is included. Tour operated for minimum of one person. Itinerary is subject to change without notice. You are required to fill out a form (your name, sex, age & nationality) when you enter Kyoto Imperial Palace. Prices in Australian dollars ($AUD).
Kinkakuji - the Golden Pavillion
After enjoying a delicious Japanese dinner, have a peek into traditional Japanese culture with a maiko apprentice geisha performance. You will even have time to take pictures and chat with the performers.
Departure: Approximately 5.30pm depending on your hotel. Duration is approximately 2 hours
Return: 7:30pm - 8:30pm. Drop-off service to major hotels in Kyoto.
Cost: AUD$250.00 Adult/Child
Traditional Japanese Maiko Dance