- 21 Day Japan Rail Pass
- JPY 1,500 Pasmo Card for use on the non JR trains
- Tokyo Guided Morning Tour
- Nikko World Heritage Tour
- Ainokura & Shirakawago Tour
- Kyoto Guided Morning Tour
- 5 nights at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel - Tokyo
- 2 nights at the Hakone Hotel - Hakone inc b/fast
- 2 nights at the Hida Hotel Plaza - Takayama inc b/fast
- 2 nights at the Hotel Mystays Premier Kanazawa - Kanazawa
- 3 nights at the Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo - Kyoto
- 2 nights at the Hotel Granvia Okayama - Okayama
- 2 nights at the Hotel Granvia Hiroshima - Hiroshima
- 2 nights at the Hotel Vischio Osaka by Granvia - Osaka
If you plan to visit Japan just once in your lifetime, our 21 Day Grand Tour of Japan will ensure you see all the major highlights in just one visit.
Check out of Hakone Hotel and board a Hakone Tozan bus to Odawara Station. (55 min) From Odawara Station board a Hikari bullet train to Nagoya. (70 mins) Change trains within Nagoya Station and board a Limited Express (Wide View) Hida train to Takayama. (150 mins)
This magnificent train journey through the Japanese Alps is often compared to the Alps of Europe. It may well be one of the highlights of your trip to Japan.
Takayama is a traditional medieval town located in the mountains of Gifu Prefecture. Most of the attractions are concentrated in the old part of town, within minutes of each other.
Your accommodation at the Hida Hotel Plaza 5 minute walk from the station. Make sure you try their rooftop and indoor Japanese-style onsen bath which is free for guests to use.
After check in, enjoy an afternoon stroll around this museum like town with a number of attractions including a variety of small museums devoted to traditional crafts embodying the town's long standing tradition of fine craftsmanship. Visit the old private houses that lie in the area between Miyagawa River and the famously lush and picturesque Shiroyama Park. This quiet, residential area has shops selling traditional wares, antique shops, Japanese-style inns, sake breweries and restaurants serving local specialties.
Stay: Hida Hotel Plaza - 1/2
Japan Package Tours will be happy to prepare you a personalised itinerary to suit your budget and preferences.
Contact us now for a no-obligation quotation.